Human Resource Director
We are the go-to solution for developers who are building the next generation of DeFi (decentralized finance). We’ve done the legwork to create a reliable, secure, and composable DeFi infrastructure, and are seeking a Human Resources Director with passion for growing a software start-up. This is a unique opportunity for someone with experience growing an organization from about 30 people to 50 over 12 to 24 months, where they will play a key role in the development of Agoric's HR strategy and support the growth of the company overall.
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources professional to be an integral part of management in a high-growth early stage company. You will be responsible for developing HR strategies, establishing and executing on HR Operations and providing sound advice to senior management on all related subjects. There is an emphasis on Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and HR Operations in the near term.
This role requires generalist experience as an HR Business Partner with knowledge of all HR disciplines. You should be able to manage programs, partner with third-party providers and consultants while also possessing a strong strategic mindset.
Overall responsibility is to ensure that all HR needs of the company are being met and are aligned with all business objectives.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop plans and oversee operations for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, policies, health and safety etc.
- Oversee strategy and execution of people acquisition, onboarding, and people management to support various stages of growth
- Provide guidance on organizational design and evolution
- Identify and implement training and professional development opportunities.
- Oversee HR programs and initiatives with staff and contractors
- Lead the strategy and serve as a key point of contact for employee relations, employee retention and engagement issues
- Provide guidance on creating a healthy company culture and employee happiness.
- Ensure the company complies with all legal, regulatory and other policies
- Lead actions related to grievances, investigations and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
What We Look For In You
- Proven experience as an HR Business Partner in a small company experiencing growth
- Experience in a software start-up environment is a must!
- Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives
- Excellent knowledge of employment labor laws, legislation and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
- Authorized to work in the US / Canada
- Located in Bay Area with availability to work from the office when needed
- BS/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in HR
Belmont, CA / Hybrid
Agoric is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Agoric does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.