Senior Level Designer - LondonDeadline
Senior Level Designer
CCP is looking for a Senior Level Designer to join our London team to design and build maps for an unannounced online tactical sci-fi shooter based in the New Eden universe.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated Senior Level Designer who is a team player ready to make a big impact on our game. The position will require you to collaborate with art and design to create compelling worlds and challenging encounters, with a deep understanding of the core systems and mechanics and best to showcase them. You’ll receive regular feedback through playtesting and will need to prioritise and focus changes to produce the best experience possible, assisting and mentoring other level designers to help them achieve the same level of quality.
You’ll be comfortable world building and prototyping new content in Unreal Engine and will also be great at maintaining and improving existing maps, and adjusting and balancing as new features and mechanics are introduced. We believe diversity is a strength and we are looking for talent across the board.
Who are We?
CCP Games originates from Iceland but has a long history of bringing people together from all corners of the world. We know that to build a successful alliance we need people from various backgrounds with unique experiences to help us grow.
We believe diversity is a strength and are looking for talents across the board. We are passionate about expanding our world and unlocking new opportunities within New Eden, and we are constantly on the lookout for ways to deepen the player experience.
CCP Games has a truly unique offering when it comes to culture and vibe. Perhaps originating from, and has often been referred to as ‘the Icelandic effect‘. Our core values are Excellence, Courage, Unity and Honesty, and we favour authenticity and candid approaches.
What you bring
• Experience building multiplayer maps and balancing encounters for first-person shooters
• Experience building maps for open world and sandbox games
• Experience with Unreal Engine world building tools
• Experience working with Unreal Engine Blueprints
• Experience in mentoring junior level designers
• A strong focus on attention to detail
• Ability to thrive within a collaborative environment - both giving and receiving constructive feedback
• Good written and verbal communication
• Familiarity with the EVE universe
What we bring
• An opportunity to work with an experienced and ambitious multicultural team
• The chance to help shape a brand-new experience in the Eve universe
• A structured and supportive environment that aims to help you learn and grow
• Remote work support
• Commuting and Fitness Grants
• Free breakfasts, lunches, drinks and snacks in the studio • A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
• Enhanced family leave policies
• Employer contributory pension plan
• Life insurance
• Private medical and dental for both you and your family
• Quarterly and annual bonus scheme
• 25 days of holiday