Senior Software Engineer (Web3 & Mobile) - ReykjavíkDeadline
Senior Software Engineer (Web3 & Mobile)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on our new unannounced project!
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining high-quality open-source web3 and mobile applications. You will play a pivotal role in guiding the direction of our development efforts, ensuring that our applications remain scalable, maintainable, and cutting-edge while also delivering exceptional user experiences. The position is located in Reykjavík.
- Collaboratively leading a team of skilled and passionate professionals to co-create the infrastructure and build pipelines of a game world
- Design and develop robust, scalable, observable, maintainable, and secure solutions including supporting tools
- Writing maintainable, well tested, well documented, open-source solutions using the methodologies of infrastructure-as-code
- Do code reviews to provide and receive constructive feedback for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in web2, mobile, and/or web3 application and library development, with a focus on React and TypeScript
- Strong understanding of modern web development concepts, including responsive design, progressive web apps, single-page applications, and blockchain technologies
- Strong knowledge of Design Thinking principles and UX best practices
- English as a fluent second language
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
What we can offer you:
- The inspiring opportunity of working on a pioneering project in cooperation with amazingly talented and enthusiastic colleagues.
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity, and innovation.
- A flexible hybrid work environment with a dual workstation setup.
- An employee led fun division that hosts regular events.
- An excellent canteen offering a breakfast and lunch menu, along with drinks, snacks and discretionary weekly dinners.
- Discretionary quarterly and annual performance sharing plans, complemented by an options-based incentive plan.
- Annual sports grant, mobile phone and usage package, home internet, and a conditional monthly transportation grant.
- A strong focus on employee well-being, with benefits such as a free on-site doctor and discounted access to a variety of on-site services, such as a gym, massage, hairdresser, beautician, car- and laundry services.
- Vacation package in accordance with Icelandic labour law and customs.
- A generous relocation package