Core Database Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Core Database Software Engineer. In this role, you will build a technically complex, high impact product which aims to change the relationship that software has with database systems. You will need both broad and deep knowledge of database systems theory as well as industry standard open source software and be motivated to implement the systems you and the team design.
Although Clockwork Labs is based out of the United States, we are a fully remote team and are happy to consider applicants who are located in timezones between UTC -7 and UTC +2.
- Work with the cofounders to design a brand new distributed database system which has strong theoretical foundations which ensure the quality, reliability, and performance of the system.
- Influence the overall team’s culture and collaboration model with other engineering leaders.
- Work with the team to implement the darn thing.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
- 8+ years of experience in software development and with data structures/algorithms is likely necessary to have the breadth and depth of knowledge required but we are open to considering applicants who do not quite meet this requirement.
- 5+ years of experience testing, and launching software products, and 3+ years of experience with software design and architecture.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and distributed systems.
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience building and developing large-scale infrastructure, distributed systems or networks, and/or experience with compute technologies, storage, and/or hardware architecture.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Experience in designing and developing large scale distributed systems and/or relational databases.
- Experience working with or developing database technology, including SQL, query engines, and transactions.
Clockwork Laboratories is a fully remote team. We meet daily so successful applicants will ideally be located within a UTC +2 to UTC -7 timezone.
Our goal is to provide fair and equitable compensation based on market location as well as an individual candidate’s specific qualifications for an open role. Offers may be adjusted based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
The base pay range offered at the start of employment for a mid-senior level applicant residing in the United States is expected to be in between $110,000 and $170,000 USD per year depending on the factors above. Applicants from particularly high cost of living locations (NYC, SF, etc.) may be adjusted accordingly. Offers for applicants from other countries will be based on their regional norms and the requirements of each location.
Subject to the same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include equity awards, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
Something looks off?