Distributed Systems Architect
We're building BitCraft, a game that takes you to a new massive sandbox world where you can explore, build towns with other players, and become a master of your craft. The team is expanding after the incredible response to our announcement trailer we released last September. Take a look!
We aim to rekindle the social spirit of massively multiplayer games and foster creative collaboration in our virtual worlds built with our own cutting edge tech!
We are looking for an experienced Distributed Systems Architect to make intuitive high level decisions for software development. You will design novel distributed systems software and direct an engineering team to implement it from the ground up. You will need broad knowledge of distributed system theory and industry standard open source software.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to programming standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Oversee progress of development to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Proven experience as software architect
- Advanced knowledge in the architecture of distributed systems
- Broad knowledge of open source software in the space
- Experience in a high level programming language (Rust, C++, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- BSc/BSE in computer science
- MSc/PhD in distributed systems, or relevant experience preferred
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
Clockwork Laboratories is a fully remote team. We meet daily so successful applicants will ideally be located within a UTC +2 to UTC -7 timezone.
Our goal is to provide fair and equitable compensation based on market location as well as an individual candidate’s specific qualifications for an open role. Offers may be adjusted based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
The base pay range offered at the start of employment for a senior - principal level applicant residing in the United States is expected to be in between $150,000 and $200,000 USD per year depending on the factors above. Offers for applicants from other countries will be based on their regional norms and the requirements of each location.
Subject to the same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include equity awards, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
Something looks off?