DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
We’re building the foundations of a novel high performance low-latency relational database system with a rich declarative semantic model, WebAssembly stored procedures, and a pleasant API and tooling. Our initial use case starts with multiplayer games, but we’re interested in building out a generally awesome service for any shared-state highly scaled application.
We are looking for a DevOps/SRE to join our team on this new technology project. The ideal candidate will have experience with cloud infrastructure, containerization, and scripting and will be excited about creating a great developer experience for both our internal developers and users. If you are excited by and have the experience to be our team's DevOps pipeline architect and subject matter expert in this important role, we want you on our team.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Maintain software and network systems to support internal operations and delivery of our new serverless database technology platform.
- Collect and analyze metrics to track performance, usage, and status of our infrastructure to ensure its efficient operation.
- Development and improvement of build automation and scripting tools.
- Propose and implement ideas to improve the overall architecture of the company-wide infrastructure
- Experience with the following tools:
- Kubernetes + Docker
- Source Control (Git preferred)
- Linux CLI + Linux Distributions (Ubuntu preferred)
- Generally knowledgeable about Digital Ocean + AWS
- Experience with configuring new network topologies (subnets, VPCs, dns, routing, VPNs, etc
- Post secondary computer programming education or equivalent coding experience
- Generally knowledgable about Windows, macOS and Linux platforms
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with multidisciplinary team members (as demonstrated by your resume)
- Experience on or managing an SRE team
- Experience with Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- Bash + python scripting
- Experience with Jenkins + Github Actions
- Ansible or Chef experience
- Rust programming experience
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (prometheus + grafana
Clockwork Laboratories is a fully remote team. We meet daily so successful applicants will ideally be located within a UTC +2 to UTC -7 timezone.
Our goal is to provide fair and equitable compensation based on market location as well as an individual candidate’s specific qualifications for an open role. Consequently, high cost of living areas may expect offers in the higher end of the range whereas lower cost of living areas may expect offers in the lower end of the range. Offers may also be adjusted based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
The base pay range offered at the start of employment for a mid-senior level applicant residing in the United States is expected to be in between $120,000 and $165,000 USD per year depending on the factors above. Offers for applicants from other countries will be based on their regional norms and the requirements of each location.
Subject to the same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include equity awards, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
Something looks off?