Design Program Manager
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone around the world.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 30 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our Design team. The team is responsible for driving operational excellence for our Design team, which means implementing processes, systems, and tooling solutions to raise the bar of design quality/efficiency and operationalize a rapidly growing Design team.
What you’ll do:
- Identify operational and process gaps and pain-points for the Design Team and cross-functional partners.
- Create and implement scalable improvements and solutions across tooling, systems, and processes.
- Create well-structured documentation in support of design principles, processes, systems, and programs.
- Clarify the design sign-off process, engineering handoff guidelines, and marketing involvement.
- Implement ‘Best Practice’ project tracking/resource allocation frameworks that will improve visibility and collaboration across teams.
- Ensure that designers are able to track design issues through the entire lifecycle - through development, QA process, and reviewing designs before release to ensure design quality.
- Support and collaborate with the Design System team to increase efficiency and consistency across platforms.
- Support and enable design and research metrics to track and measure the impact and effectiveness of design initiatives.
- Collaborate with data and research teams to gather insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Foster team collaboration and connection by organizing regular meetings, workshops, and knowledge-sharing sessions to facilitate a cohesive and motivated design team.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 5+ years of work experience in UX/design program management or operations.
- Highly skilled at organization, planning, and process development.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and sharp attention to detail.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments with changing priorities
- Strong prioritization skills
- Proactiveness and be self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment.
- Enjoy solving hard problems and creating actionable processes and plans from ambiguous inputs.
- Excellent at managing timelines, delivering projects on time, and helping others in time management.
- A positive, collaborative, low-ego attitude.
- A belief in our mission and values.
- Basic blockchain knowledge.
- Experience in a consulting or agency environment.
- Familiarity with our tool set: Slack, Notion, Jira, Zenhub & Figma
- Certificate in Project or Program Management.
- Certificate in Agile.
- You’re a MetaMask user!!
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://Consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).