Boston Metropolitan Area, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
At Convergent Research we launch large-scale, high-impact science projects. We aim to help fill a structural gap in today's R&D system. We enable fundamental research that requires unusual levels of scale and coordination yet is not rapidly monetizable by industry. We’re bringing together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. As an incubator within the Schmidt Futures Network, we identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.The operations associate will support the administration and daily operational activities for the Convergent Research team. We are looking for a reliable, organized, and enthusiastic admin who can work in a fast paced environment to help the team run smoothly and efficiently.You are:
- Team player. You are an active listener and great communicator who is flexible and happy to help your teammates at any opportunity!
- A great communicator. You can communicate well with all internal and external stakeholders, and represent Convergent Research in a friendly, professional manner. Sometimes that means you’re persistent, you’re happy to send regular emails every 24 hours or jump on a call with a smile.
- Highly organized and good with data. You can prioritize tasks and create Excel spreadsheets and documents with all of the information you’ve collected in a timely manner. You notice the little things. When something is missing, out of place, or wrong, you make sure it gets addressed before it becomes a problem
- Eager to learn. You are open-minded, curious, and enjoy learning new things and new tools! You are the first to volunteer to take on new challenges!
- Tech-savvy. A new project management system is implemented throughout the organization? No problem, you are an early adopter of anything tech. You are a pro (or can easily become a pro) with tools such as Notion, Slack, and Lever
- A great juggler. Startups move at a fast-pace and you are able to change priorities and handle multiple tasks at once without blinking. Actual juggling is always a plus
- Manage our vendors. Surprisingly a core function of science is… buying stuff? You’ll support vendor onboarding, by collecting forms & documents, making phone calls, sending out emails and following up with internal and external stakeholders. Do this well, and we’ll solve a major headache for our science teams
- Keep track of the money. Assist in a variety of accounting function. Review invoices to ensure accuracy and categorize them in the correct class and accounts. Ensure that bills are paid on-time by following up internally on un paid invoices and missing approvals. Audit our accounting and purchasing processes to ensure SOPs are being followed. Have your eye on other key book keeping tasks like asset tracking, receivables, grant payments, reporting
- Air traffic control for recruiting. The most important thing any startup does is hire. Play a crucial role in that by updating job descriptions, posting on job boards, and scheduling interviews
- Keep us organized. Prepare and submit expense reports and associated documentation on time each month. Manage calendars and light travel
- Make us better. Be a keen observer of our internal processes, enthusiastically seek new ways to contribute operationally and suggest improvements to our existing processes
- Attend Quarterly Team Meetings. Our team meets on-site for a week once every 3 months to set goals, collaborate, and participate in fun team building activities!
- Take primary responsibility for onboarding new vendors on a weekly basis. You’ll collect W-9 forms, New Vendor Forms, and Bank Verification Letters to submit to billing. Complete and return credit check information and get ACH bank information as necessary
- Learn how to review invoices to categorize them into classes and accounts
- Become the primary point of contact of scheduling interviews and managing our applicant tracking system
- Be able to move a purchase all the way through the bill pay process. As the apprentice becomes the master, you’ll deeply understand how our systems work so you can point out stress point or fix errors
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
- Competitive salary: $65,000 - $90,000
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave
- Generous time off + paid holidays
- Wellness allowance for fitness and wellness activities
- Support for remote work
- Frequent opportunities to spend time with colleagues in person
See more open positions at convergentresearch.org
Something looks off?