Watertown, MA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
Parallel Squared Technology Institute (PTI) is a non-profit research institute aiming to catalyze a leap in protein analysis technology and use it to explore new biological frontiers. PTI supports open research and educational opportunities supporting rapid career development for scientists, engineers, and mathematicians.Why? Protein dysfunctions directly cause many diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease. Yet, proteins remain understudied because of technological hurdles.How? To resolve these limitations, PTI will develop mass tags enabling a new framework for multiplexed protein analysis by mass spectrometry towards achieving 100-fold increase in throughput. Scientists at and collaborating with the institute will use these gains to directly investigate disease mechanisms and resolve problems that have proven intractable for decades. Our proof of principle technology and strategies are outlined at: parallelsq.org.New career opportunitiesMembers of PTI will be supported with industry-level resources to lead research projects and disseminate their discoveries and innovations to the broader biomedical community through frequent publications, presentations, and submissions to public data portals. Responsibilities
- Design, prototype, implement, computational pipelines for high-throughput immune cell datasets (both bulk and single cell)
- Develop and implement robust algorithms to hone in on testable hypotheses.
- Perform deep and detailed analyses for data-intensive experiments with a team to interpret and communicate results
- Prepare large-scale datasets for internal and external usage
- Hands-on development of interactive tools for other teammates (RShiny, Python, D3)
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers to propose experiments and contribute to development of hardware and molecular resources
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, genetics, biomedical engineering, computer science, data science, molecular biology or related fields is required
- Experience in immunology research
- Proven track record of developing computational analysis of immune cell data
- Expertise with sc-RNAseq data may be helpful
- Proficiency with Python/R, associated analyses and visualization packages as well as command line
- Expertise with good practices for reproducible research (git, Jupyter)
- You've been waiting to analyze single cells with protein measurements!
- You are passionate about science and technology and are eager to work in a team environment.
- You love learning new techniques, new technologies, and new concepts.
- You want an environment that will support your future plans as a scientist or engineer.
- You are committed to open science ideas and want to see your work disseminated broadly
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave
- Generous time off + paid holidays
- Wellness allowance for fitness and wellness activities
See more open positions at convergentresearch.org
Something looks off?