Senior/Staff Front End Engineer
Today, the process of building web3 applications is fragmented, difficult and insecure. Our toolkit of security-focused dev tools is out to change this story. Cubist’s enterprise focus is a non-custodial key management platform designed to help web3 infrastructure engineering teams secure and programmatically manage their secret keys. Earlier this year, we released the industry’s first SDK for seamless cross-chain and multi-chain development.
Cubist’s founding team includes skilled operators who are former founders and early startup employees, as well as respected academics who have collectively published over 80 papers in the areas of computer systems, security, and cryptography. We are well funded, having closed a $7M seed round in July 2022 led by Polychain, and we’re excited to grow our core team as we build momentum for growth.
About the Role
As an early member of the Engineering Team, you will work directly with the founders and founding engineers on highly technical products for highly technical users. Your work will be the first thing new key management customers see, and the primary way they interact with the Cubist product. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and user-focused.
To succeed at Cubist, you should be someone who is passionate about building production systems and excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where speed and experimentation are critical. We anticipate that most qualified candidates will have 5 or more years of professional experience.
- Building large-scale front-end applications using:
- Modern web frameworks, including React
- Bundlers like webpack, esbuild, or vite
- OpenID-based REST APIs
- Cross-browser compatibility testing
- Real-time analytics
- Creating dashboards based on data streams
- Working with back end engineers to define and implement APIs (our backend is entirely written in Rust)
- Architecting front ends for performance and scale considering attributes like state management and caching
- Following software engineering best practices such as CI/CD
- Following web security best practices (e.g., CSP and SRI)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Leading front end development for Cubist’s user-facing key management console and the company’s marketing website
- Maintaining front end user interfaces and conducting cross-browser testing and debugging
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Collaborating with back end engineers, designers and product managers to create web interfaces that meet customer needs and are easy to use
Compensation & Perks
- Competitive salary, company 401(k) and pre-Series A stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Home office stipend
- Company retreats
As Cubist’s first dedicated Front End Engineer, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the direction of the user interface from the ground up. Our team is curious, energetic, collaborative, ambitious—and fully remote. We are going after a big problem with a transformative solution, and want to work alongside others who are similarly bold and motivated. If this sounds like fun, we’d love to hear from you!
How to Apply?
Please email [email hidden] with a copy of your resume.
Cubist is an equal opportunity employer.
Come as you are: we are committed to growing a diverse team and inclusive culture, and encourage those who identify with under-represented groups to apply.
Something looks off?