Frontend Developer - 6 month Contract
About Filecoin Foundation
Filecoin Foundation (FF) is an independent organization that facilitates governance of the Filecoin network, funds critical development projects, supports the growth of the Filecoin ecosystem, and advocates for Filecoin and the decentralized web. In 2017, the creators of Filecoin envisioned that an independent Filecoin Foundation would serve as the long-term governance body for the Filecoin Ecosystem. They gave the Foundation the mandate to “grow an open ecosystem for decentralized storage” and to “give developers an open and sustainable platform to build, enhance and monetize those services.” They wanted the Foundation to be modeled on Foundations for other open source projects like the Apache Software Foundation, the Mozilla Foundation and the Linux Foundation. The Filecoin Foundation operates independently of Protocol Labs, the organization that designed and built the Filecoin network. As a member of our early-stage team, you will have the opportunity to help define our growth as the organization scales. At Filecoin Foundation, we are a fully remote organization and support a remote, collaborative, and inclusive working culture from anywhere in the world.
Front End Developer
As a FF Front End Developer, you will be part of the UX Improvement team and will be responsible for developing and contributing to the continuous improvement of a wide selection of filecoin ecosystem websites and tools, in collaboration with the teams originating those tools.
As a Front Ed Developer you will...
- Builds and improves UX collaboratively with the UX Researcher and Designer.
- Creating standards-compliant, fast, error-free HTML, that works on all appropriate browsers including mobile.
- Usability - considers language and interface design at all times
- Accessibility - ensures Filecoin Network websites and tools are fully usable by users with various accessibility needs.
- Maintains and tests for SEO hygiene: sitemaps, error-free code etc.
- Prototyping - building UX for experiments such as A/B tests.
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the UX Improvement Team and the wider Filecoin community of developers, users and builders.
- Tests and iterates. No website is ever finished.
- Working proactively and independently across a wide range of open source repositories (on Github), to update, fix and, and continuously improve the world’s experience of filecoin.
- Effectively manage assigned projects as directed; Work within project schedules and deadlines.
You may be a fit for this role if you have
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role with a technology/web3 organization
- Manual and automated testing tools
- Google Analytics (and interpreting analytics data generally)
- Some knowledge of our existing publishing systems is nice to have. Our current documentation publishing systems are: Hugo, Markdown, Github, etc.
- Familiarity with various web frameworks (such as react.js and Nuxt), but more importantly, willingness to learn new ones.
- Strong focus on front-end design and modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience.
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
Something looks off?