We are a small team working on scaling human coordination in Web3. Our mission is to bring trust to the trustless web. We're looking for a Data Engineer that will join us as we architect and design the core system from the ground up.
We are ambitious. We believe our technology will fundamentally change Web3, and we have the technical and research chops to back it up. Our Founder and CEO, Omoju Miller, was the Technical Advisor to the CEO at GitHub and has a world class understanding of technical online communities.
As a Data Engineer, you will be a key part of our success and we will have a great time building the reputation mechanism that will unleash the true power of human coordination technology at a planetary scale.
This is a full-time role based out of Oakland/San Francisco. This role is hybrid, and you will only be asked to come to the office when the CEO is in (currently 1 day per week).
- Design, build, and maintain infrastructure and data pipelines capable of ingesting large amounts of data from layer one blockchains
- Write clear, concise, tutorial type developer documentation
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support teams during development and release cycles
- Build tooling to reduce the overhead of deployment and monitoring
- Provide on-demand support as needed (pager duties)
- Collaborate on disaster recovery and incident response plans for production deployments
You may be a fit if you have:
- Willingness to grow into building, operating, and maintaining resilient, and scalable distributed systems
- Experience working with systems like Presto, Airflow, and Spark
- Experience in git (GitHub a plus)
- Experience with data on EVM-compatible blockchains is a plus but not required
- Passion for and extremely bullish on Web3
- On-chain resume like a degenscore or active governance participation is a plus but not required
- Strong written communication skills
Nothing in life is perfect, including this job description. It is not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all the areas (in fact, one of our team members never even worked on blockchains before joining us!). You may be an excellent fit even if you don’t meet all these requirements.
We welcome all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.