Distributed Systems Software Engineer
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Fleek, a series A web3 infrastructure company with a remote team, is seeking experienced software engineers to work on its product, the Fleek Network, a decentralized content delivery network.
- You’ll be joining a small but experienced engineering team with a high-quality codebase
- 3+ years of real, hands-on software development experience in a professional environment.
- This is a full-time role
This role is a great fit for software engineers who can help us build new products and protocols on top of and at the intersection of P2P network and Rollups.
Our tech stack
Our codebase lives in a mono repo and our infrastructure is on different providers:
- General: Rust
- Frontend: React, Next JS, Tailwind
- Backend: Rust
- Infrastructure: Digital Ocean, AWS, and others
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Design and implement scalable and reliable software solutions.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development.
- 3+ years prior professional software development experience (ideally worked in a startup too).
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as Rust, Go, and other blockchain-related languages.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems principles and applications.
- Understanding of network protocols such as TCP, UDP, IP.
- Knowledge of Blockchain protocols and have worked on projects in Libp2p/Ipfs/Filecoin in either Rust or Go.
- Experience with software development methodologies, including Agile and Scrum.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You'll be at a strong advantage for this role if you have:
- Experience building with decentralized building blocks such as DHTs, consensus protocols, smart contracts, blockchain, p2p networking, etc.
- Experience designing and building distributed and/or p2p software systems and applications.
- Experience working on large scale systems.
- Exhibit our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- Collaborative energy and ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and a passion for Web3
- Passion to work on and share knowledge of new technologies
- Pragmatic “get it done” attitude and the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
If you are a self-driven individual who is passionate about software development, we would like to hear from you.
See more open positions at Fleek
Something looks off?