We are looking for an engineer to work on the Fluence node, the backbone of the Fluence distributed network.
Fluence node is a Rust implementation of a Fluence peer that combines everything together to provide a reliable, performant, and flexible solution. It links a libp2p connection pool with WebAssembly services using async-std (considering a switch to Tokio), which makes the code quite modular and lightweight.
You will join the team responsible for the Rust Fluence peer implementation, as well as the Fluence-operated pool of such peers. Your primary language will be Rust, you will contribute to the existing codebase as well as design and implement new projects. Among your tasks would be designing and implementing parts of the Fluence protocol, optimizing the p2p networking, diving into rust-libp2p and implementing distributed security protocols.
- 3+ years in a software engineer role
- experience with highly asynchronous systems, cloud deployments
- experience with debugging distributed systems
- excellent coding skills
- ability to learn new technologies and languages fast
- ability to go from design to implementation fast
- experience with Rust or alternatively but less preferred C++
Nice to have:
- basic DevOps skills
- familiarity with Rust's async-std and/or Tokio
- knowledge of operating systems internals
- familiarity with asymmetric cryptography
- open source software background
About Fluence Labs
At Fluence Labs, we are working on new decentralized network protocols to make the internet more open and secure. We believe that open source and open protocols enable better technology for the future of humanity.
Fluence Labs is a distributed team of engineers residing across the US, Asia, and Europe. Our culture is remote-first, self-managed, and we value transparent decision making and an open source ethos.
Our primary project is Fluence, a decentralized serverless platform & computing marketplace powered by blockchain economics. Fluence is a global, permissionless, scalable, and secure alternative to centralized cloud computing platforms. Using Fluence, developers build and deploy applications to a network of compute providers, who compete on price and performance and, to be paid and earn rewards, they constantly prove that they are serving applications.
We are looking for new great additions to the Fluence Labs core team. We would like to speak to people who are interested in decentralized technology, empathetic, humble, passionate about their work, and strive for excellence. We expect that candidates are experts in their field, keep up to date with recent developments, and are excellent communicators, both in oral and written form.
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Remote-first, work from home or use a co-working space of your choice
- Friendly startup environment: no bureaucracy or time tracking
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive