The Fluence on-chain protocol is an essential part of the project. The on-chain part serves as a global medium that stores application configurations and dependencies, controls access rights against licenses issued by authors, and facilitates payments. We are looking for a seasoned engineer, expert in distributed systems, with previous experience of building and deploying blockchains.
- 5+ years in a software engineer role
- experience in building and deploying complex distributed systems using cloud stack
- hands-on experience with distributed consensus protocols, Byzantine fault tolerance (BFT)
- basic understanding of cryptographic algorithms
- hands-on experience with cryptographic primitives, public key infrastructure, data and privacy protection techniques
- an interest in decentralized technology and Web 3
Nice to have:
- experience with Substrate, Tendermint, or other implementations
- experience with Solidity
- background in cryptography, networking, or academia
- experience with Rust
About Fluence Labs
At Fluence Labs, we are working on new decentralized network protocols to make the internet more open and secure. We believe that open source and open protocols enable better technology for the future of humanity.
Fluence Labs is a distributed team of engineers residing across the US, Asia, and Europe. Our culture is remote-first, self-managed, and we value transparent decision making and an open source ethos.
Our primary project is Fluence, a decentralized serverless platform & computing marketplace powered by blockchain economics. Fluence is a global, permissionless, scalable, and secure alternative to centralized cloud computing platforms. Using Fluence, developers build and deploy applications to a network of compute providers, who compete on price and performance and, to be paid and earn rewards, they constantly prove that they are serving applications.
We are looking for new great additions to the Fluence Labs core team. We would like to speak to people who are interested in decentralized technology, empathetic, humble, passionate about their work, and strive for excellence. We expect that candidates are experts in their field, keep up to date with recent developments, and are excellent communicators, both in oral and written form.
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Remote-first, work from home or use a co-working space of your choice
- Friendly startup environment: no bureaucracy or time tracking
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive