Rust Engineer (AquaVM)
Rust Engineer (AquaVM)
We are looking for an engineer to work on the AquaVM. AquaVM empowers the Fluence network with the fundamental possibilities that it offers: it interprets π-calculus-based AIR instructions on individual Fluence peers in a way that is composable, secure, and performant.
AquaVM is the algorithmic core of the protocol that has super fancy problems to solve: practical process calculus, formal verification, circuit breaking, generating, verifying signatures and Merkle proofs for different data parts, and making sure that everything performs well thanks to signatures compaction, garbage collection, and other technics.
You will join the team responsible for the AquaVM to work on the bleeding edge technologies related to Web3 and Wasm. Your primary language will be Rust. You will be supporting AquaVM, implementing brand new behaviors into it, doing research, and working on formal models.
- 3+ years in a software engineer role
- good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- excellent coding skills
- ability to learn new technologies and languages fast
- ability to go from design to implementation fast
- experience with Rust or alternatively but less preferred C++
Nice to have:
- experience with compilers or virtual machines
- familiarity with WebAssembly standard
- knowledge of cryptography
- open-source software background
About Fluence Labs
At Fluence Labs, we are working on new decentralized network protocols to make the internet more open and secure. We believe that open source and open protocols enable better technology for the future of humanity.
Fluence Labs is a distributed team of engineers residing across the US, Asia, and Europe. Our culture is remote-first, self-managed, and we value transparent decision making and an open source ethos.
Our primary project is Fluence, a decentralized serverless platform & computing marketplace powered by blockchain economics. Fluence is a global, permissionless, scalable, and secure alternative to centralized cloud computing platforms. Using Fluence, developers build and deploy applications to a network of compute providers, who compete on price and performance and, to be paid and earn rewards, they constantly prove that they are serving applications.
We are looking for new great additions to the Fluence Labs core team. We would like to speak to people who are interested in decentralized technology, empathetic, humble, passionate about their work, and strive for excellence. We expect that candidates are experts in their field, keep up to date with recent developments, and are excellent communicators, both in oral and written form.
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Remote-first, work from home or use a co-working space of your choice
- Friendly startup environment: no bureaucracy or time tracking
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive