At Goldsky, our vision is simple but powerful: build the data platform for web3.
Blockchains will enable a new era of unique digital experiences and applications. However, today it’s impossible to build high-quality products due to the difficulties of processing on-chain data … and this complexity is only increasing as more chains and smart contracts are deployed. Teams are forced to build data infrastructure in-house in order to build their product, distracting them from their core focus.
Goldsky bridges this gap by automating the creation of end-to-end data pipelines. Our data infrastructure enables hundreds of teams across the industry to build rich, instant, data-driven experiences using on-chain data at blazing fast speeds.
We’ve raised over $20M from Dragonfly Capital, Felicis Ventures, prominent players in the industry such as 0x Labs, Uniswap Labs, and Protocol Labs, and angel investors including Elad Gil, Plaid founders Zach Perret and William Hockey, and Zhuoxun Yin of Magic Eden.
Our team built complex, scalable infrastructure with companies across tech, crypto, FinTech, and data analytics – and we’re excited to bring this expertise to solving new and unique challenges with crypto data.
We hope you’re excited to join us and build the infrastructure that unlocks the rest of web3.
About the Role
We launched our first product – Index – last year and are onboarding hundreds of customers to the platform, including Zora, Polymarket, POAP, Arweave, Hashflow, NounsDAO, and others.
As our internal roadmap gets more complex, we’re looking to bring on a Technical Product Manager that will work closely with engineers across the team to align on internal goals, timelines, and priorities. You’ll be responsible for the success of the product — from architecture and design to implementation and iteration — and understand every nook and cranny of the infrastructure. You would partner with Jungmoo (Product Manager), Jeff (CTO), Kevin (CEO), and others across the company to ensure we are delivering on our key product areas and serving customers better every day.
- Ship — Consistently and Fast: You’ll help us stay on track against an ambitious roadmap. Our engineers are capable of building complex systems very quickly, so you’ll be the co-pilot to ensure they stay aligned, remove blockers, and are considering the right architectural and implementation trade-offs. You’ll design and spec out new features while making sure we’re accomplishing goals on a regular cadence.
- Bring Data to Data Products: We’re building complex data infrastructure for web3 — and of course, our own data products need instrumentation and metrics to give us a good view on what is working and not working. You’ll create the dashboards that help us track key KPIs, monitoring progress, usability, performance, and reliability, and then use this to inform decision-making across Goldsky.
- Problem-solve on the Fly: We’re building sophisticated tools in a completely new industry, where there are many landmines to stumble through. Problems will arise that have never been solved, and you’ll be able to figure out the “good enough” solution consistently as we run into lots of novel technical challenges. You have the drive to work through hard problems, the curiosity to dig deeper and understand the root cause of a problem, and the grit to iterate through first attempts that lead to the right solution over time.
- Go Deep on the Tech: You’ll become a product expert across our entire platform and understand our competitor landscape. You’ll go so deep that you can guide customers through a journey of understanding their pain-points, options, trade-offs, and why Goldsky might — or might not — be the best platform for them.
- Work Across Goldsky: We’re a small team and lean on each other to be successful. In addition to working closely Kevin, Jeff, and Jungmoo – you’ll work closely with engineering, technical support, sales, marketing, operations, and others to make Goldsky successful.
- Be a Communication Node: You’ll provide regular updates on the status of projects, features, and products … and you’ll also ensure others are communicating effectively throughout Goldsky. As we grow, ensuring we’re all on the same page while following-up and following-through on key items is how we consistently ship better products.
We’re excited to talk with you if:
- You have a track record of working with deeply technical engineering teams to ship highly complex products — such as databases, data pipelines, developer tools, SDKs, protocols, or other low level systems.
- You’re comfortable writing SQL and digging into the data. Even better is if you can jump into the CLI and provide real-time feedback to the engineers.
- You’re curious, low ego, and always looking to improve. You experiment with strategies, tactics, and tools in order to identify what works, and you adjust to find repeatable success. You’re open to feedback and collaborating with others to get to the best approach.
- You’re hungry and excited to join a high-growth, fast-paced startup where you’ll get your hands dirty on a range of challenges. You’re comfortable in an ambiguous, remote environment without much structure.
- You’re organized, have great attention to detail, and can manage multiple projects at a time – while also keeping several stakeholders up-to-date with good written and verbal communication.
- You enjoy building long-term relationships with teammates and customers.
- You’re open and curious to learn more about this wacky world of crypto :)
Bonus points for:
- You’ve worked with highly technical products and customers.
- You’re previously a software engineer and can speak fluently about technical trade-offs with other engineers.
- You’re crypto native, familiar with the broader ecosystem, and understand why Goldsky will unlock new experiences and applications in web3.
- Competitive salary and equity in Goldsky.
- Fully paid health plans - This includes medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family at no cost to you.
- Unlimited vacation - Take time to recharge as you need it. We’re serious.
- Home office setup fund - Expense up to $5,000 for new equipment (e.g. computer, desk, chair) when you first join.
- Wellness stipend - Expense up to $100/mo on whatever helps you stay healthy.
- Connectivity stipend - Expense up to $75/mo on phone or internet.
- Regular self-care days - Every other Friday is a company holiday to decompress. We go hiking, learn to cook, or trade jpegs.
- Paid travel - We’ll cover any costs for work-related conferences and quarterly company offsites all around the globe.
- Nice swag - We have a free internal Shopify store set up!