At Goldsky, our vision is simple: Build the most powerful data platform for Web3. ☀️
Blockchains will enable a new era of unique onchain experiences and applications. However, today it’s impossible to build high-quality products due to the difficulties of processing onchain data effectively. This complexity is only increasing as more chains and smart contracts are deployed across the ecosystem. Teams are forced to build complex data infrastructure in-house, distracting them from focusing on their core product.
Goldsky bridges this gap by making it seamless for developers to power their applications with realtime onchain data. Our infrastructure powers hundreds of projects across the industry building rich, instant, data-driven experiences.
We’ve raised over $20M from Dragonfly Capital, Felicis Ventures, prominent players in the industry such as 0x Labs, Uniswap Labs, and Protocol Labs, and angel investors including Elad Gil, Plaid founders Zach Perret and William Hockey, and Zhuoxun Yin of Magic Eden. Our team members have previously built mission-critical, scalable infrastructure at Meta, Google, Shopify, Activision, and more.
We’d love for you to join us in our mission to unlock the full potential of data in Web3.
About the role
We launched our first product, Index, last year. Since then, we’ve onboarded hundreds of customers to the platform, including Zora, Optimism, POAP, NounsDAO, 0x Labs, Immutable, Hashflow, Arweave, and Polymarket, among others.
Recently, we began rolling out access to Mirror, an end-to-end data pipeline solution for streaming onchain data directly to an existing offchain database.
As our business grows, and the technology becomes increasingly powerful, we’re looking to bring on a second designer to work across our product and marketing surfaces, ensuring thoughtful attention to detail and polish at every level. You’ll shape our visual identity across a range of platforms — and touch everything from developer docs, CLI tools, and web products to our holistic brand experience — including our website, social, marketing collateral, events, apparel, and more. You’ll partner with Kevin (CEO), Gavin (Design), Andrew (Marketing), and others across the company to take our product and brand to the next level.
- Go Deep: You’ll become a product expert across our entire platform, understand every nook and cranny of our infrastructure, and develop a deep sense for how our brand reflects the quality of craftsmanship in our products.
- Design, Polish, and Systematize: With a deep understanding of the company, you’ll look for areas to polish the existing products, design delightful experiences for new products, evolve and extend our brand identity, and systematize these across all the surfaces Goldsky touches.
- Cement Goldsky as the Leader in Data: You’ll work with the founders and go-to-market team to position and market Goldsky as the leading data infrastructure provider in our space. You will ensure our brand becomes a household name and the default option for teams looking for fast, powerful, flexible data tooling.
- Problem-Solve on the Fly: We’re building sophisticated tools in a completely new industry, where there are many things to discover. Problems will arise that have never been solved, and you’ll be able to figure out the “good enough” solution consistently as we run into lots of novel technical challenges. You have the drive to work through hard problems, the curiosity to dig deeper and understand the root cause of a problem, and the grit to iterate through first attempts that lead to the right solution over time.
We’re excited to talk with you if:
- You have high attention to detail and a passion for figuring out best-in-class UX, UI, and interaction challenges. You’re passionate about designing because it’s fun, and you find yourself working on projects out of a love for building.
- You consider yourself a generalist. You don’t like being penciled into a narrow set of responsibilities. You approach new challenges with curiosity and excitement, but know when to ask for help.
- You enjoy the high-level strategy work as well as the implementation, and you get excited about working on product, visual design, graphics, marketing, and design systems.
- You’re curious, low ego, and always looking to improve. You experiment with strategies, tactics, and tools in order to identify what works, and you adjust to find repeatable success. You’re open to feedback and collaborating with others to get to the best approach.
- You’re hungry and excited to join a high-growth, fast-paced startup where you’ll get your hands dirty across a range of challenges. You’re comfortable in an ambiguous, remote environment without much structure.
- You enjoy building long-term relationships with teammates and customers.
- You’re open and curious to learn more about this wacky world of crypto :)
Bonus Points For:
- You have hands-on experience with motion design, animation, or illustration
- You’ve worked with highly technical products and customers; even better if you’ve worked in B2B SaaS.
- You’re able to read and write small bits of code.
- You’re crypto native, familiar with the broader ecosystem, and understand why Goldsky will unlock new experiences and applications in Web3.
- Competitive salary and equity in Goldsky.
- Fully paid health plans for U.S. based employees — This includes medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family at no cost to you.
- Unlimited vacation - Take time to recharge as you need it. We’re serious.
- Home office setup fund - Expense up to $2,000 for home office equipment (e.g. desk, chair)
- Company provided laptop - we’ll make sure you’ve got the hardware to keep up with you
- Wellness stipend - Expense up to $100/mo on whatever helps you stay healthy.
- Connectivity stipend - Expense up to $75/mo on phone or internet.
- Regular self-care days - Every other Friday is a company holiday to decompress. We go hiking, learn to cook, or trade jpegs.
- Paid travel - We’ll cover any costs for work-related conferences and quarterly company offsites all around the globe.
- Nice swag - We have a free internal Shopify store set up!