Analyst, Markets Technology
Hex Trust is Asia’s leading provider of digital asset custody solutions for Banks & Financial Institutions, using leading-edge Blockchain technology. Led by innovators from the financial services industry, Hex Trust has built a proprietary platform that delivers a new way for financial institutions, asset managers, and corporations to safely and efficiently operate in the Blockchain ecosystem. Institutional adoption of digital assets and DeFi requires a fundamental shift in the way banks and financial institutions operate. Hex Trust is the link that connects the traditional financial world to the digital assets ecosystem.
About the Markets Technology Desk
The Markets Technology department works on the development of the applications and strategies for yield farming, staking and algorithmic trading solutions. We work closely with infrastructure and front office teams to understand business context, perform market research and modelling, and build products and automation tools for both front and back end.
The new joiner is expected to be an integral part of the Markets Technology desk, and to directly support the team in all activities related to the line of business. In particular the main focus will be on building products for automated trading services, but he/she will be also involved in modelling, market research, as well as trading execution. The new joiner is expected to be able to work independently according to the different objectives, as he/she is expected to develop a good amount of autonomy with time, and to be proactive in handling the assigned workflow. As part of a cross competency team, he/she will develop both financial and tech skills as he/she will collaborate with front office and infrastructure teams to understand the business context and design high quality solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, automate and improve business efficient tools and applications for the Trading desk.
- Work on market making, execution algorithms as well as order management system.
- Work closely with the Trading and IT teams to develop and maintain various quantitative models.
- Be capable to interact with other business lines and to cooperate on joint projects.
- Be capable to independently manage a team of junior developers.
- Be initiative.
- Participate in client meetings and events both in and outside the office; occasionally beyond regular working hours.
- Bsc/Msc/Phd degree in a technical field: Engineering/Computer Sciences/Maths/Physics or related computational discipline.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience: banking, asset management or tech company on pricing, trading, risks, automation or research implementation. Fresh graduates, but with a strong knowledge of crypto and finance, will also be considered.
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python or Typescript.
- Full Stack experience is a plus.
- Algorithmic, numerical methods implementation is helpful.
- Highly-motivated, willing to learn and grow.
- Ability to analyse, prioritise, evaluate and form independent judgments.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Fluency in English.
Make a difference and get yourself noticed in a rapidly growing company, providing multiple opportunities for career and personal development. We are a dynamic, multicultural team of smart, motivated people. We’ll give you tough challenges, while offering rewarding results to match, as well as regular team and social events and flexible working arrangements when needed.
- Diverse and inclusive team: A diverse and international team who come from over 15 countries with a diversity of both thought and background on a mission to disrupt the digital asset industry. We support each other and take pride in our achievements. We attract talent from well-known global multinational companies and institutions.
- Ownership & learning curve: Opportunity to make an active contribution to the growth story of one of the leading disruptors in the FinTech industry.
- Communication: We treat our staff like owners by being open and transparent, and providing regular communication about our direction and progress. We provide regular insight into decision-making, strategy, and corporate-wide objectives and key results progress so that each of our employees is aligned and empowered. And we constantly strive to improve how we can communicate more effectively.
- Office: We offer the flexibility to work in style and comfort from our modern office in Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam and Dubai.
Hex Trust is an equal-opportunity employer devoted to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Something looks off?