Senior Engineering Lead
Hex Trust is a fully-licensed and insured digital asset custodian. Led by veteran banking technologists and award-winning financial services experts, Hex Trust has built Hex Safe, a proprietary bank-grade platform that delivers solutions for digital asset protocols, foundations, financial institutions, and the Web3 ecosystem. Hex Trust has offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai, Italy, and Vietnam.
The Senior Engineering Lead is responsible for the development of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency related applications such as Wallets, Custody Systems, simple smart contracts and Crypto Trading applications involving both frontend and backend components. In this position, you will work closely with product managers, UX designers, and development teams (backend & frontend).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the technical solutions design and full development life cycle;
- Contribute to the design of the system architecture in full respect of the micro services paradigm. Prepare/update sequence diagrams involving applications being developed/updated;
- Design the application architecture, efficiently structuring in modules with clear segregation of duties among them, with the objectives of efficiency, maintainability and re usability of the code
- Perform hands-on prototypes, and proof-of-concept and development as required in blockchain technologies or any other technologies;
- Deliver strategic technical solutions to match the requirement of clients;
- Prepare documents on design specifications, deployment guides, user guides, etc;
- Adhere to good coding practices in order to produce simple and easy-to-maintain code, following Hex Trust engineering Guiding Principles. Over time, contribute to the evolution of such Principles where, appropriate ;
- Guarantee enough coverage of unit testing and provide guidance for proper integration testing;
- Inspire, lead, develop, and grow your team (if applicable), complete managerial duties as required (incl. leave & performance management)
- Perform other duties as reasonably assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in backend development;
- 3+ years’ experience in blockchain development;
- Experience with strongly typed, compiled languages such as Golang, Rust, Java (Spring/SpringBoot) or C++;
- Experience in micro-services architectures. Experience with event driven architecture is a strong plus;
- Familiar with the fundamentals on how to create Highly Available applications: pitfalls to avoid, best practices and techniques to efficiently achieve the result;
- Preferred experience with message queue/broker systems;
- Preferred experience in on of the following fields: scalable systems, distributed systems, latency critical systems, trading, financial transactions;
- Familiar with Docker and building images to run applications in a cloud environment;
- Strong preference for some experience in deploying applications in Kubernetes clusters
- Understand code written in Node.js and Express.js development using TypeScript;
- Experience in SQL and Shell Scripting.
- Solidity/EVM smart contract development experience would be a plus;
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members;
- Attention to detail, with the ability to work independently in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment;
- Good planning, coordination and communication skills;
- Interest in blockchain, digital assets, trading, and security;
Make a difference and get yourself noticed in a rapidly growing company, providing multiple opportunities for career and personal development. We are a dynamic, multicultural team of smart, motivated people. We’ll give you tough challenges, while offering rewarding results to match, as well as regular team and social events and flexible working arrangements when needed.
- Diverse and inclusive team: A diverse and international team who come from over 15 countries with a diversity of both thought and background on a mission to disrupt the digital asset industry. We support each other and take pride in our achievements. We attract talent from well-known global multinational companies and institutions.
- Ownership & learning curve: Opportunity to make an active contribution to the growth story of one of the leading disruptors in the FinTech industry.
- Communication: We treat our staff like owners by being open and transparent, and providing regular communication about our direction and progress. We provide regular insight into decision-making, strategy, and corporate-wide objectives and key results progress so that each of our employees is aligned and empowered. And we constantly strive to improve how we can communicate more effectively.
- Office: We offer the flexibility to work in style and comfort from our modern office in Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam and Dubai.
Hex Trust is an equal-opportunity employer devoted to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Something looks off?