Platform Engineer/SRE (Cloud & Cluster Computing)
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2023
BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE INTERNET
Impossible Cloud represents the spirit of innovation and determination. Our cutting-edge cloud solutions help bridge the gap between web3 technology and mainstream B2B cloud use cases. We are eliminating frictions currently slowing web3 mass adoption and deliver key benefits like increased speed and security while optimizing costs.
Impossible Cloud was founded by serial entrepreneurs who formerly built multiple unicorns. Our passionate team continuously researches and pushes the boundaries of distributed technologies. Impossible Cloud is backed by an all-star team of internationally renowned venture capital companies, and we are part of the Protocol Labs Network.
Become part of something bigger: We’re committed to reinventing the internet, to push technological innovation and business determination to the next level. Join us on our journey to make the impossible possible.
As an SRE/DevOps Engineer located in Hamburg, Germany, you will design and implement the technical architecture, deploy software, and do software monitoring for infrastructure and services.
You will work closely with Developers, other DevOps engineers, and release management to ensure code will be deployed in the most reliable manner.
You take ownership and will challenge what's supposed to be deployed.
You will be one of the first engineers to build cutting-edge infrastructure from scratch in the blockchain industry at Impossible Cloud.
You will contribute to our company's success by
- You share ownership with developers to create shared responsibility and reduce organizational silos
- Setting up and implementing the release management
- Building an SLO and SLI and its critical parameters from scratch
- Observe what has to be automated and initiate actions to automate things
- Design, create, and maintain the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline based on modern frameworks such as Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of the applications, considering additional aspects such as monitoring, alerting, logging, and security
- Develop & maintain cloud security solutions and integrate security services
- Implement patch management across the whole infrastructure and tech stacks
- Setting up the testing and deployment automatization
Ideally, you bring the following to succeed
- Have worked as a Senior member or Team Tech lead in a DevOps capacity
- Have mentored junior Engineers on your team
- You should bring experience with Typescript, Go, Python, or any other high-level language
- Experience with managing Linux systems
- Hands-on experience with databases or search engines like PostgreSql / MongoDB / ElasticSearch
- Ideally, you worked with container technologies, like Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Being familiar with DevOps principles, practices, and technologies
- You have worked already with automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, or some other tool)
- You are familiar with some cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, or any other)
- Ideally, you bring first experience in the blockchain industry
- It would help if you were savvy with architecture, deployment methods, and monitoring solutions
- Experience in Docker, k8s, Mesos
- One or more of: S3, EFS, Cloudera, Azure Blobs, GCP Cloud Storage
What we offer
- Work with experienced, passionate, and supportive colleagues and cutting-edge technology
- Great office in a trendy location, free healthy brain food, and subsidized premium gym membership
- Monthly recurring, collaborative meetup weeks with cool team events
- A flat hierarchy and a high level of trust and responsibility: everyone has at least one significant topic they own fully
We are determined to win. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone can contribute equally. In-person collaboration and communication are part of Impossible Cloud’s cultural identity, and we value working together regularly in our Hamburg Headquarters.
The recruiting process
1. Please submit your LinkedIn Profile or CV together with the application form
2. Successful candidates are invited to a Kickoff call.
3. We will then initiate a fast, lean remote and on-site interview process designed for the specific role and seniority.
4. Within days, you could be part of the Impossible Cloud team!