Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
The Web 3 is arriving, bringing a new wave of change to the Internet. Matters Lab is committed to building a freer and fairer creator ecosystem in the Web 3 world: one that is in control of data and ownership while realizing the co-creation of content and reaping the rewards of digital assets.
Engineers are the backbone of Matters' product development and the core contributors to the open-source community. Whether you are a seasoned expert or a freshman willing to learn, we welcome you to explore the boundaries of technology and create the future with us.
About the Role
- Participate in the technology selection of decentralized technology stacks, participate in the design of the token economy, participate in the architecture design of the Matters infrastructure layer
- Develop and deploy smart contracts
- Develop interfaces between applications and blockchain, as well as web and wallet interfaces
- Explore bridging decentralized applications to traditional centralized applications
You may be a fit for this role if you have........
- Be familiar with the fundamentals of blockchain, cryptographic algorithms, and decentralized networks
- Know about Ethereum, Cosmos, Arweave, IPFS/Filecoin, or Flow ecosystem
- Familiar with Solidity and have hands-on development experience
- Understand the conventional architecture of large-scale applications and the way to interface with blockchain data
- Fluent in reading English technical literature and documents
- Good collaboration and communication skills, and willingness to develop new skills
- Strong self-learning skills: Web 3 is new, and we need to learn quickly together
- Courage to make mistakes and grow from them
- Self-driven and stress management ability. There is no micro-management at Matters. We believe that our teammates can drive themselves and help each other. A startup requires breaking through the barriers, which means challenges, growth, hard work, and stress. So we hope you are ready to meet the challenges and feel excited about them.
What’s it like to work at Matters?
- An opportunity to participate in the Internet revolution
- Networking and collaboration with the best people and top projects in the industry
- Just as important as what you do, is who you do it with, and Matters is an open and inclusive atmosphere where you can speak up freely
- 10% of the work week is dedicated to learning the latest knowledge and sharing it with the team. Let’s learn and grow together
- Some difficult but fun challenges and a strong but loving group of teammates
- Competitive compensation: people are the most significant value in a startup.
- We do more than one-time team review per year, immediate salary and benefit adjustments, focusing on team performance and growth.
- We provide unlimited annual leave: no cap on the number of annual leave days.
- Matters' options are not a blank check. Our options are designed to motivate you to grow with the company.
- You can choose your favorite learning subjects, and the company pays for it.
An open and inclusive work environment that values learning and growth