Semiconductor Equipment Engineer
Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for an equipment engineer with extensive experience in the semiconductor industry. This individual will support a variety of semiconductor processes in Class 100 and 1000 cleanrooms. The process technology to be supported includes photolithography, RIE, thin-film deposition, CVD/diffusion, and plating. Responsibilities include preventive maintenance, tool upgrades, tool repairs and equipment installation. The position will interface with the process engineers to understand process-related product issues and drive improvements and with process technicians to identify and resolve tool problems. The ideal candidate will have a broad background in maintenance, installation, and repair of semiconductor processing equipment, enjoy being hands on in the cleanroom, and prefer to be working in a fast-paced environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Hands-on equipment maintenance and installation.
- Identify any defects or malfunctions and immediately repair and refurbish, as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair of a wide variety of electrical and electronic systems, including motor control systems, contractors, starters, AC/DC drives and motors, various control switches and proximity sensors utilized on production machinery.
- Interpret electrical schematics and flow charts.
- Ensure compliance of all Company policies and OSHA rules while conducting work functions.
- Place orders through procurement for spare parts and replacement parts, and complete all required documentation.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in compliance with ISO9000/TL9000 type manufacturing standards.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001:2015 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional problem solving ability and deep technical knowledge.
- Extensive mechanical and electrical experience.
- Self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster ways to accomplish tasks.
- Must be familiar with safety standards and procedures inherent to a manufacturing facility.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sitting, bending, standing, walking, 8-10 hours per day.
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- High school diploma or GED plus 5 to 10 years experience in MEMS/semiconductor/process engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with facilities infrastructure, including HVAC, process cooling water, electrical, etc.
- Exposure to a production cleanroom environment.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Flexible Spending Account
*No visa sponsorship at this time
Due to our landlord/building ITAR-registration status, candidates must be US citizens or US permanent residents.
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.