Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
As a member of the Operations team, you will support the central operations of the Science team. Your strong organization and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail will enable engineers and scientists. to meet our ambitious timelines and goals. We are looking for someone with exceptional customer service skills to greet and direct all of our visitors as they arrive at our company. As the first point of contact, a receptionist sets the tone for guest’s experiences with Science. We are seeking someone to support the day-to-day processes related to the operations of the office. Someone who takes initiative and is excited to work with and learn from engineers and scientists to build systems that ensure equipment and shipments are received and set up.
- Greeting anyone who enters the office with warmth and positivity and communicating with necessary parties about guest arrival.
- Screening visitors and maintaining security by managing the sign-in process
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of the facility, including employee programs such as food, transportation, janitorial, and shipping and receiving.
- Process, package and ship domestic and international orders accurately including scheduling of courier pickups and deliveries
- Supporting with operations-based scheduling for the company
- Maintaining the cleanliness, organization and inventory of the main office space.
- Supporting company functions and team events to further expand employee engagement and build company culture.
- Other office related duties as assigned
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Excellent, proactive communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products
- Experience with Windows, Mac
- Industry experience in a non-software business, e.g. manufacturing, construction, transportation, biotech, medical devices etc.
- Driver’s License
- Ability to lift or move heavy products.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.