Molecular Biology Technician
Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are seeking a strongly motivated Molecular Biology Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in our preclinical gene therapy work by supporting research scientists in a range of activities including PCR, ELISA, DNA/RNA extraction, sequencing, and cell-based assays. The Molecular Biology Technician will work closely with our team of research scientists and engineers to perform procedures using laboratory automation in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Role & responsibilities:
- Use laboratory automation to perform molecular biology assays
- Perform manual cell culture and molecular biology assays
- Keep workspace clean and organized
- Manage reagents and inventory
- Follow standard operating procedures and clearly communicate with the team
- Maintain accurate and organized records of experimental procedures and results
- Experience performing quantitative PCR
- Experience with ELISA assays
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience with RNA/DNA extraction and quantification
- 3+ years of experience working in cell / molecular biology
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Proficiency using computers and familiarity with python
- Experience with laboratory automation
- Familiarity with GLP working environment
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $30 - $45 per hour + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.