Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are seeking a strongly motivated Histology Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in our research and development efforts by preparing tissue samples for analysis using a range of histological techniques, including processing, embedding, sectioning, staining, immunohistochemistry and imaging. The Technician will work closely with our team of scientists to ensure samples are processed efficiently and accurately and results communicated to the research team.
If you have a passion for science and a desire to bring order and precision to a fast-paced, cutting-edge lab, please apply today!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Prepare tissue samples for cryosectioning and paraffin embedding
- Perform sectioning of tissue samples using cryostats, microtomes and other cutting equipment
- Mount sections on slides and prepare them for staining
- Prepare and maintain equipment and supplies
- Maintain accurate records of samples and results
- Communicate with researchers and scientists to ensure that samples are processed according to their specific needs
- Follow all lab safety protocols
- Follow standard operating procedures and protocols
- Experience in tissue processing, embedding, sectioning, staining, and immunohistochemistry.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety protocols and ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Ability to operate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow protocols.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to keep accurate records.
- Excellent communication and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) Processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Histotechnology, Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field.
- ASCP certification as a Histotechnician.
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $25-$50 per hour + benefits (if full time). Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.