Human Resources Manager
Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are seeking a strongly motivated Human Resources Manager to join our team onsite in Alameda, CA to oversee all aspects of the HR function at Science. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in shaping Science’s culture and fostering a positive and productive workplace. Your primary goal will be to ensure the development, implementation, and maintenance of effective HR strategies, policies, and practices are aligned with the company's overall objectives and growth strategy. This job is perfect for people-oriented individuals who thrive on effective problem-solving and thinking strategically.
- HR Strategy and Planning: Define and evolve the company’s HR operational processes and best practices across the company
- Support in designing and implementing performance management with alignment to company culture and values
- Manage employee relations or workplace concerns by facilitating conflict resolution as well as termination issues
- Recommend, develop, and implement HR policies and ensure compliance with all U.S. EEO, employment, benefits, and wage-hour laws
- Lead HR reporting and HR analytics, using data available through local and centralized database resources to support decision making
- Lead special projects as necessary
- 8+ years of HR management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and best practices
- Previous experience with benefits management
- Demonstrated expertise in HR strategy development, talent acquisition, employee engagement, and performance management
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products
- HRCI, SHRM, or CCP certifications is a plus
- Experience with workforce management platforms like Rippling
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $95,000 - $160,000 + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.