Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for computational neuroscientists enthusiastic about developing new therapeutics on the interface of regenerative medicine and brain-computer interfaces. Candidates can look forward to helping set up and scale a focused research program in collaboration with a world-class team of scientists and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience working with neural data and expertise in modern methods for decoding high bandwidth neural activity for closed-loop control.
- Develop encoding and decoding models for novel high-bandwidth neural interfaces
- Develop control strategies for large scale neuronal stimulation
- Develop models of sophisticated behavioral tasks
- A track record of excellence and creativity in your field as demonstrated by publications, patents, success with commercialization or translation, or other notable achievements
- A deep understanding of probability/statistics, inference/optimization, and embeddings/dimensionality reduction
- A deep understanding of numerical computing and the optimization of numerical algorithms
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills
- Thrives when working collaboratively and tackling difficult technical challenges
- 5+ years experience using python for data analysis
- Experience collecting and working with large scale neural data, and in particular, developing closed-loop brain-machine interfaces
- An understanding of programming design patterns and best practices as well as experience collaborating on large codebases
- Experience with high-performance, distributed computing
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000 - $160,000 + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.