Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a dedicated executive assistant for Science leadership. We are seeking someone who will serve as a critical role at Science by assisting key leadership with scheduling, organization and administrative tasks. We are eager to find someone who can efficiently clear the path for our leadership to allow them to focus on the company’s success.
Role & responsibilities:
- Understand the priorities and objectives of your leader and the greater team
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate, and lead various meetings, functions, and events including quarterly retreats and team-building offsites
- Act as gatekeeper, time-advocate, and liaison for Executives
- Handle multiple requests for Executives' time, using strong decision-making skills in managing priority of requests, raising as necessary for resolution
- Manage extremely dynamic and constantly evolving calendars and schedules
- Help create and maintain communication within the team and broader org
- Cultivate a positive culture for the company
- Adapt to a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Bachelor's of Arts / Bachelor's of Science Degree, or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Strong communication and social skills
- Experience working in Google Suite and Slack
- Confident self-starter that can take a task and run with it with limited supervision
- Able to anticipate problems and/or needs of your executive and proactively offer solutions and make recommendations
- Acute attention to detail
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex meetings and designing scalable operating cadences
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours, when necessary
- Comfortable adapting to a fast pace working environment
- Experience in a fast-moving organization
- Extremely well organized and highly efficient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000 - $100,000 + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.