Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a talented architect to design and oversee the development of a state-of-the-art facility.
Role & responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and stamping architectural design packages for permitting and construction.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation on all design and construction projects ensuring all designs comply with local building codes and regulations.
- Coordinate with contractors, engineers, and other professionals to ensure projects stay on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements and desired functionality for both lab spaces and a larger facility.
- Rapidly conceptualize and present potential design solutions to meet a variety of projects.
- Possessing knowledge and thirsting for knowledge of acceptable material choices and material relationships that will satisfy building codes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Professional licensure as an architect in California.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and overseeing large-scale projects, preferably in the biomedical or commercial sector.
- Proficiency in architectural software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino and/or other 3D modeling tools.
- Have been lead architect on 5+ buildings from concept phase to final build phase.
- Experience in life science research facilities and prefabricated modular lab spaces.
- Expert in designing Title 24 compliant structures.
- Strong knowledge of sustainable and energy-efficient design practices.
- Prior experience in designing and constructing LEED-certified buildings.
- Work experience and/or relationships with local building departments (Alameda)
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000 - $180,000 + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.