Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
A Quality Engineer will work with other scientists, engineers, technicians, managers and operators to monitor project quality performance to ensure relevant customer requirements are met, reduce non-conformances and to develop and maintain quality plans & procedures to prevent errors/reduce risks. This position must communicate quality issues both internally and externally, complete analysis of customer specifications, procedures and processes and assure the continuation of the certification of the ISO9001 quality standard and certify Science in ISO 13485.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead new product introduction and control plans, including change and lot start procedures.
- Oversee the contract review process and supplier qualification/review.
- Manage design and document control, along with control of customer-supplied materials and product traceability.
- Ensure process control and preventive maintenance, including calibration plans and monitoring.
- Maintain cleanroom and processing standards, oversee receiving and in-process inspections, and manage training and certification programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering or related field and a minimum five (5) years of professional quality experience or an equivalent combination of work experience is required.
- Must have experience with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485
- ASQ Certification preferred
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
**No visa sponsorship at this time
Due to our landlord/building ITAR-registration status, candidates must be US citizens or US permanent resident.
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.