Microfabrication Engineer: Thin Film Electrodes (CA)
Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
Science is seeking a Microfabrication Engineer focused on the development of our thin film electrodes in our Alameda, CA location. Your main focus will be the design, fabrication, and testing of electrode materials and integrating them into novel implantable devices. This will include developing electrode fabrication process flows, electrochemical testing, and failure analysis. This is a hands-on position where you will need to layout devices and own their fabrication, either directly or together with partners. As a young company, our needs are always changing and so individual roles continuously evolve.
Role & responsibilities:
- Design, fabrication, and testing of thin film electrodes
- Development of fabrication processes and integration of new materials into novel devices
- In-sourcing and out-sourcing development as needed
- 3+ years designing and fabricating thin film devices
- Electrode design, fabrication, and testing experience
- Photolithography, dry/wet etching, PVD, and CVD experience
- Strong design, fab and characterization knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interest in building the devices you design
- MS or PhD in physics, electrical engineering, materials science or similar discipline
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $95,000 - $145,000 + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.