Microfabrication Engineer: Reactive Ion Etching
Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
As a MEMS Engineer, who specializes in Reactive Ion Etching, you will play a crucial role in the development and optimization of MEMS manufacturing processes. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and troubleshooting RIE processes to ensure high production quality and the seamless function of the sector.
- Lead the development and optimization of RIE processes to achieve clearly defined process specifications and performance metrics.
- Collaborate across teams to seamlessly integrate RIE processes into MEMS manufacturing workflows.
- Evaluate, select, and maintain RIE equipment to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues, collaborating with the maintenance team as needed.
- Stay abreast of emerging MEMS RIE technologies and equipment to enhance process capabilities.
- Analyze process data to identify trends, deviations, and opportunities for improvement, and implement those improvements efficiently.
- Conduct independent technical investigations of complex process integration and device issues, determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Experience with DRIE (i.e. Deep Silicon Etching) process development
- Hands-on experience with a variety of RIE tools, processes, and substrates
- Data analysis techniques and software (i.e. Python, Matlab, JMP, etc.)
- Ability to manage complex projects and associated resources at a fast pace.
- Strong first principles approach to troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Ability to interface effectively with teammates and customers.
- 5 to 10 years experience in semiconductor process or device engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with process integration and parametric test methods
- Exposure to manufacturing environment
- BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
**No visa sponsorship at this time
Due to our landlord/building ITAR-registration status, candidates must be US citizens or US permanent resident.
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.