Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
Join our team as a Facilities Technician where you'll collaborate closely with fellow onsite team members to ensure the maintenance, operation, and management of our California buildings and facilities. This role will require adapting seamlessly to changing priorities while performing a variety of tasks including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry work. If you have experience in multiple trades, strong communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, we'd love to hear from you!
- Perform plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry work
- Construction, maintenance, repair, remodeling, and alteration of building structures and facilities according to work orders or verbal instructions
- Install finished hardware such as door locks, hinges, and door checks
- Install plumbing fixtures, piping, cabinetry and other building related hardware
- Assist and support various contractors and engineers on site
- Safely operate machinery such as forklift
- Members of the team must be able to work collaboratively, prioritize tasks, and adapt to changing situations
- Experience working with multiple trades during construction
- Functioning skills and understanding of HVAC, plumbing, electrical
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read construction drawings and interpret specification sheets
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Physical Requirement: Ability to lift / move 40 lbs
- Eagerness to be hands on, working with the tools, equipment, and the facilities to solve problems where possible.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
Science is required under California law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on the indicated compensation band. The base compensation range for this full-time position is $40 - $45 per hour + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.