Research Associate, Cell Culture
Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are seeking a strongly motivated Cell Culture Research Associate to join our team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in the operation of our Stem Cell Foundry, which produces high quality induced pluripotent stem cell lines. This job will entail ensuring operational excellence of stem cell culture including but not limited to clonal selection and expansion, cell bank generation, and differentiation. In addition, the candidate will perform quality control assays to characterize stem cell lines including testing for endotoxins, mycoplasma, sterility, and more. Science relies heavily on automation, so this job will entail using that automation to leverage laboratory automation to do more than you thought possible. This job is perfect for experienced cell culturists and molecular biologists with strong attention to detail and organizational skills looking to make an impact at an early stage of our company’s development.
Role & responsibilities:
- Perform assays related to stem cell culture and cell line generation
- Undertake quality control assays to characterize stem cell lines
- Collaborate with Scientists and Engineers to perform cell and molecular biology experiments
- Manage reagents and inventory
- Keep workspace clean and organized
- Follow standard operating procedures and clearly communicate with the team
- Maintain accurate and organized records of procedures and results
- Strong background in mammalian cell culture and sterile technique
- Expertise with Flow Cytometry
- Experience performing molecular biology assays (PCR, ELISA, NGS, etc)
- 2+ years of experience working with stem cells and molecular biology
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Experience with laboratory automation
- Familiarity with GMP working environment
Science is required under California law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on the indicated salary band. The base salary range for this full-time position is $70,000- $110,000 annually + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.