Research Technician, Cell Culture
Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a motivated Cell Culture Technician to join our team operating at the interface of biology and engineering. The successful candidate will play an essential role supporting scientists across a few different projects within the team. This job will entail ensuring operational excellence of experiments involving stem cell culture and cultures of other cell lines, such as co-culture assays and differentiation experiments. Furthermore, the candidate will work closely with Scientists to ensure consistent and timely delivery of differentiated cells. The candidate can expect to work in a unique team environment composed of biologists and engineers and be directly exposed to fast-paced projects that vary widely in nature, from stem cell biology to bioengineering. The ability to understand priorities and split time between projects effectively are essential. This position is suited for cell culturists that are looking to make an impact at an early stage company by taking part in a variety of cutting-edge projects.
Role & responsibilities:
- Assist in performing cell-based assays to characterize a variety of stem cell lines and cultures
- Schedule and ensure consistent supply of differentiated cell culture
- Collaborate with Scientists on projects at the interface of biology and engineering
- Follow standard operating procedures and clearly communicate with the team
- Maintain accurate and organized records of procedures and results
- Strong background in mammalian cell culture and sterile technique
- 2+ years of experience working with stem cells
- Strong organizational skills and ability to schedule complex experiments
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Experience with immunohistochemistry
- Experience with Flow Cytometry
- Experience performing molecular biology assays (DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, ELISA, etc)
Science is required under California law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on the indicated compensation band. The base compensation range for this full-time position is $30 - $42 per hour + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.