Science is developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
As a member of the Operations team, you will support the central operations of the Science team. Your strong organization and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail will enable engineers and scientists to meet our ambitious timelines and goals. We are seeking someone to support the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure our team is set up for success. This job is perfect for individuals who thrive in fast-paced environments and are excited to work with and learn from engineers and scientists to build systems that ensure equipment and shipments are received and set up.
- Perform analysis on daily operations and create process improvements based on the findings
- Optimizing company purchasing processes
- Overseeing shipping and receiving processes, including accurately documenting incoming and outgoing shipments, inspecting packages for damage, and verifying quantities
- Process, package and ship domestic and international orders accurately including scheduling of courier pickups and deliveries
- Supporting day-to-day operations of the office, including employee programs such as food, transportation, janitorial, and shipping and receiving.
- Maintaining the cleanliness, organization, and inventory of the office spaces.
- Supporting company functions and team events to further expand employee engagement and build company culture.
- High school diploma or equivalent; undergraduate degree preferred
- Prior experience in operations, organization, or logistics is a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective systems
- Detail-oriented and capable of working independently with limited supervision
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects using proper lifting techniques
- Proficiency in using basic computer applications, including email and spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and reliability
Science is required under California law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on the indicated salary band. The base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000- $120,000 annually + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.