San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
About SkiffSkiff is hiring full-stack web developers to bring freedom to the internet. If you enjoy working on privacy-first, open-source, and well-crafted products you’ll fit right in. Engineers at Skiff own large chunks of the product and are responsible for shipping (a lot) to nearly a million users.Skiff has an office in San Francisco and will be opening another in New York City next year. By joining Skiff, you’ll be part of a team that cares deeply about shaping the future of collaboration, communication, and the internet.About the roleAs a Fullstack Engineer at Skiff, you will play a crucial role in writing code and delivering to production across our end-to-end encrypted email, drive, pages, and calendar products. Your responsibilities will extend from architecting performant local-first applications, to bringing frontend features to life, and leveraging the latest in cryptography on the client-side.About you
- Experience with statically typed languages, including TypeScript
- Strong knowledge of modern build systems, such as Webpack and Babel.
- Experience with frontend web frameworks, including React, and server-side frameworks including Node.js.
- Expertise designing server-side APIs (e.g. GraphQL) for internal services and developers
- Ability to write understandable, maintainable code for our open-source codebase.
- Write modular, secure, and well-tested code and ship it to production.
- Collaborate closely with the design and product teams to develop user interfaces.
- Architect and implement new components for Skiff Mail, Drive, Pages, and Calendar.
- Optimize system performance and scalability to handle millions of concurrent users and messages.
- Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback to maintain code quality and best practices.
- Contribute to the open-source community and support Skiff's commitment to advancing privacy and security.
- Implement secure and privacy-enhancing protocols to protect user data and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Handle and resolve incidents during on-call rotations efficiently and effectively.
- Health, Dental, and Vision: Get free comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Lunch always on us: Creativity is sparked by great conversations and there is no better time for inspiration to strike than over a shared meal.
- Flexible PTO: Take the time you need when you need it. Our flexible PTO lets all Skiff employees do their best work always.
- 401(k) Plan. Contribute to your 401k and plan for retirement
- Coffee chat with one of Skiff’s founders [20m]
- Technical screen with members of Skiff’s engineering team [1hr]
- Virtual “onsite” with both technical/coding and non-technical/discussion-based areas of focus [3hrs]