San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
About SkiffSkiff is hiring product engineers to bring freedom to the internet. If you enjoy working on privacy-first, open-source, and well-crafted products you’ll fit right in. Engineers at Skiff own large chunks of the product and are responsible for shipping (a lot) to nearly a million users.Skiff has an office in San Francisco and will be opening another in New York City next year. By joining Skiff, you’ll be part of a team that cares deeply about shaping the future of collaboration, communication, and the internet.About the roleAs a Product Engineer at Skiff, you will play a crucial role in our end-to-end encrypted products. Your responsibilities will extend from translating designs into usable product features to high-level programming, performance testing, and system design.About you
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks. You’ve already built and shipped apps leveraging technologies like React, GraphQL, Node, and NextJS
- Experience with statically typed languages, including TypeScript.
- Not only meticulous about the engineering process but also invested in the end-user experience.
- Experience with React Native is a plus.
- Engineer and ship core product features from design to implementation in very close collaboration with our design and growth teams.
- Improve reliability, efficiency, and performance of existing components — we want to keep pushing the limits of what is possible to do client-side with end-to-end encryption.
- Build cross-platform web components leveraging React, GraphQL, and Node.
- Health, Dental, and Vision: Get free comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Lunch always on us: Creativity is sparked by great conversations and there is no better time for inspiration to strike than over a shared meal.
- Flexible PTO: Take the time you need when you need it. Our flexible PTO lets all Skiff employees do their best work always.
- 401(k) Plan. Contribute to your 401k and plan for retirement
- Coffee chat with one of Skiff’s founders [20m]
- Technical screen with members of Skiff’s engineering team [1hr]
- Virtual “onsite” with both technical/coding and non-technical/discussion-based areas of focus [3hrs]