Senior Software Engineer
Spexi Geospatial is a drone technology company with the mission to make geospatial data more accessible than ever before.
We're recently raised a Seed Round to build an exciting new two-sided marketplace called Spexigon, the world’s first standardized ‘Proof of Physical Work’ drone imagery platform, powered by blockchain technology. With our new model, people who own consumer drones will be able to earn rewards while contributing to a network that is building a high resolution base layer of the earth. (Visit the project page at spexigon.com for more info).
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our growing development team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for software development and be willing to take ownership as part of a small, high-caliber team of motivated engineers.
- Design and develop an innovative new geospatial data marketplace platform focussing on scalable, testable, and maintainable systems architecture
- Develop data buyer APIs and backend services delivering global scale geospatial data and aerial imagery with fast request response times
- Build scalable data processing pipelines using both traditional cloud environments as well as emerging decentralized compute technologies
- Assist with designing automated flightplan algorithms where they apply as inputs to downstream data products
- Work across our tech stack where relevant and applicable
- Maintain high quality, well-documented, and reliable code using industry best practices
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to other software engineers on the team
- Collaborate with the team on ways to improve our customer experience, processes, and workflows
WHAT YOU BRING:
- BSc. in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- A self-directed drive with advanced problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure environments (AWS specifically)
- Understanding of REST APIs and API-driven web platform architecture and how to build, maintain, secure, and scale them over time
- Experience with geospatial data, mapping, and image analysis
- Experience working in an agile environment
- A thirst for learning and challenging yourself
- Experience with blockchain architectures and smart contracts
- Solid understanding of 3D mathematics
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Spexi believes that in order to produce the best possible products for our customers, our employees need to maintain a solid work-life balance and stay happy and healthy. We offer the following benefits and perks to help our employees achieve that:
- Remote friendly environment
- Flexible hours
- Medical, dental, vision health benefits
Spexi is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to [email hidden]
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.