Mobile Software Engineer
Spexi Geospatial is a drone technology company with the mission to make geospatial data more accessible than ever before.
Our cloud-based platform provides teams with a streamlined end-to-end solution that automates drone flights, photogrammetric data processing, and geospatial data analysis. We’re empowering new industries and unlocking the power of drone technology to help deliver aerial intelligence at scale.
We’re looking for an experienced Mobile Software Engineer to join our growing development team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for software development and be willing to take ownership as part of a small, high-caliber team of motivated engineers.
- Develop amazing Android/iOS apps using the latest tools and technologies
- Develop advanced automated flight and data capture capabilities using DJI drones via their Mobile SDK
- Contribue to the design and development our innovative new decentralized platform, focussing on scalable, testable, and maintainable systems architecture
- Maintain high quality, well-documented, and reliable code using industry best practices
- Collaborate with the team on ways to improve our customer experience, processes, and workflows
WHAT YOU BRING:
- BSc. in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- A self-directed drive with advanced problem-solving skills
- Have shipped an Android/iOS app to the Google Play Store/Apple App Store
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure environemnts (AWS or Google Cloud)
- Understanding of REST APIs and API-driven web platform architecture
- Experience with JIRA, Git, Jenkins
- Experience working in an agile environment
- A thirst for learning and challenging yourself
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with blockchain architecture and smart contracts
- Experience with mapping, GIS, or photogrammetry
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Spexi believes that in order to produce the best possible products for our customers, our employees need to maintain a solid work-life balance and stay happy and healthy. We offer the following benefits and perks to help our employees achieve that:
- Remote friendly environment
- Flexible hours
- Medical, dental, vision health benefits
Spexi is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.