Business Development, B2B
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
SpruceID is on a mission to help consumers take control and ownership of their identity and the data that is associated with it. SpruceID is building a future where users own their identity and data across all digital interactions. Our open-source credentialing infrastructure is standards-compliant, production-ready, and extensible to typical enterprise and government IT systems. We’re a team of thoughtful, nimble experts in open-sourced software development, user experience, and public policy. Transparency, privacy, and interoperability are hallmarks of our work.
We are hiring a business development wizard to own relationship management across partners and prospects to drive SpruceID business development, including both net-new and expansion opportunities. They will proactively capitalize on their own and the SpruceID network to target opportunities across private companies, large and small (including both enterprises and startups), to optimize our GTM efforts aligned with product strategy. This role will also synthesize market learnings to inform our product development, thought leadership, and overall brand positioning.
Applicants to be considered for this role must be based in the United States.
- Craft BD strategies to develop the relying party ecosystem for verifiable digital credentials, across industries such as Healthcare, Financial Services, Payments, Education, Retail, and Telcos
- Collaborate with SpruceID investor and consultant network to drive BD strategy
- Manage outreach campaigns and build relationships with relevant audiences
- Identify and close small, quick wins while simultaneously managing extended, complex sales cycles
- Collaborate with Product team to identify and articulate relevant use cases and product pitches
- Monitors emerging market trends to inform Business Development and Product strategies
- Drive the full opportunity lifecycle from a relationship management perspective with high accountability
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated success in Sales or BD (or similar GTM role) at a fast-growing, early-stage startup
- Minimum 5 years of technology full lifecycle (prospecting to close) Sales or BD experience
- Experience working in or deeply familiar with one of the following industries: Financial Services, Payments, Healthcare Tech, or Retail Tech
- Expert at communicating new ideas and technical concepts to broad audiences with the ability to tailor explanations to specific groups
- Familiarity with product management frameworks and effective collaborator with Product teams
- Fluency in English
- Experience working in the identity verification (IDV) space
- Working understanding of the identity industry and/or relevant technologies to digital verifiable credentials, including ISO mDLs and W3C VCs
We are passionate about cultivating a thriving culture of diverse individuals who bring unique perspectives to our mission. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.