Posted on Monday, January 8, 2024
At Spruce, we are reimagining trusted interactions by creating the world’s best software for packaging assertions digitally. We are a team of programmers developing world-class open source software implementing open standards for identity.
There are no well-worn paths or theoreticals here. Every Spruce technical staffer gets their hands dirty writing code, learning new technologies, and solving problems at the bleeding edge of our space. We hire results-oriented developers who love technology and are committed to intellectual honesty, user privacy, and innovation.
The ideal candidate for this test engineering role will have experience working on mobile applications through their full lifecycle, from concept through shipping to maintenance. You will work on a privacy-first digital identity wallet, controlled by the end user. We use a combination of core identity libraries, cutting-edge cryptography, and new interoperable identity standards.
- Set up and maintain automated testing infrastructure
- Write end to end Synthetic testing that covers testing of libraries, applications, and communications between devices and services
- Work closely with the development team to help with good-practices, and with the product team to assess the quality of critical components
- Help with debugging production issues
- Experience with automated testing on two or more platforms among iOS, Android, Fluter, and React Native
- Proficiency with CI/CD platforms (e.g. GitHub Actions) and mobile devices testing platforms
- 4+ years of experience with automated testing
- Experience collaborating with geographically and culturally diverse engineering scrum teams
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with Backend testing
- Experience with native low-level communication protocols (e.g. BLE, NFC) and cryptographic primitives (e.g. secure enclaves, hardware-based cryptography)
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, IT, engineering, or related field
We are passionate about cultivating a thriving culture of diverse individuals who bring unique perspectives to our mission. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.