Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
In an environment of increasing regulatory scrutiny, Toku offers solutions to employ and compliantly compensate global teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Toku’s comprehensive suite of services includes: Token-based payroll, token-based grant administration, employment and tax compliance – services tailored to the needs of every crypto-native organization.
There are clear laws and regulations around how people get employed and compensated that have been around for hundreds of years. These laws aren’t going away, and organizations need to follow them for the industry to grow. Our vision is to make it simple for organizations, from traditional companies to DAOs, to compensate their employees and contractors with tokens globally.
Toku recently raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more check our website.
About the role
As our senior full-stack engineer, we will expect you to be hands-on and excited about shipping products to our fast-growing list of enterprise customers. You will work closely with the CEO, the technical advisors, and the leadership team on our products that enterprise customers currently use.
We want you to be excited and passionate about building practical products for a complex problem that impacts our customers all over the world.
Strong written and verbal communication will be critical to the success of this role.
Timezone/Location requirement: Americas
- Collaborate with a distributed and cross-functional team including Engineering, Product, and Payroll.
- Build front- and back-end systems focused on customer use cases.
- Own feature development from requirements, through coding, testing, and release.
- Write high-quality, maintainable code independently, and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Engage in code reviews, and collaborate with other engineers to maintain high-quality software in a large-scale application.
- Research new technologies, assess trade-offs, and advocate for effective solutions.
- Strive to improve your knowledge, establish best practices, and document SOPs to ensure the scalability of the engineering team and its product.
- Technical Skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in system design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Experience integrating REST APIs, and building data-driven applications.
- Knowledge of test-driven development and testing frameworks
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, learn new technologies, and adapt to change
- Demonstrated track record of problem solving
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Relentless execution ethic and lots of energy
Nice to Have
- Experience engineering payroll, equity, HR or related applications or web-apps.
- Blockchain/Crypto/Web3 interest
- DevOps: setting up CI/CD, cloud deployment, log analysis & monitoring.
- Experience architecting highly scalable databases and other systems in production.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies, including containers, Lambdas, S3, and message queues.
- Significant Experience with any of the following: NextJS, Strapi, Apollo GraphQL, Redux, Webpack.
- Contributions to open source projects, entrepreneurship, or other personal projects you can share.
Benefits & Compensation
- Remote-first work culture;
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive employee benefits including generous healthcare;
- Competitive salary;
- Work laptop, and monthly stipend for expenses.
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
See more open positions at Toku
Something looks off?