Senior Human Resources Manager
People & HR
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
In an environment of increasing regulatory scrutiny, Toku offers solutions to employ and compliantly compensate global teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Toku’s comprehensive suite of services includes: Token-based payroll, token-based grant administration, employment and tax compliance – services tailored to the needs of every crypto-native organization.
There are clear laws and regulations around how people get employed and compensated that have been around for hundreds of years. These laws aren’t going away, and organizations need to follow them for the industry to grow. Our vision is to make it simple for organizations, from traditional companies to DAOs, to compensate their employees and contractors with tokens globally.
Toku recently raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more check our website.
About the role
Toku is looking for an experienced Senior Human Resources Manager to deliver HR expertise to Toku clients and their amazing talent.
As Senior HR Manager at Toku, you are collaborative and creative by nature, with a keen eye for operational excellence. You're excited to roll up your sleeves to solve complex HR & regulatory matters quickly while building processes to elevate team capability.
- Manage the full breadth of sensitive and complex HR matters through the employee life-cycle, including onboarding, performance or behavior coaching, terminations, or investigations.
- Partner with the Head of Customer Success and Head of Partnerships to develop HR KPI’s across team competencies like operational efficiency, communications, culture visibility, engagement, and employee retention.
- Build the Toku PEO HR knowledge center by drafting country specific information on a wide range of HR topics.
- Act as a resource and advisor for clients and employees on HR matters such as payroll, benefits, contracts, and related questions.
- Ensure compliance with HR best practices and regulatory requirements through the employee life-cycle, including onboarding and termination.
- Lead client employee meetings and act as the key point of contact for day-to-day inquiries.
- Build rapport with clients and their employees, serving as a supportive resource.
- Maintain detailed records of employee meetings to ensure data quality.
- Escalate employee requests to appropriate stakeholders (Finance, Customer Success, Benefits, Payroll).
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed.
- 6+ years of experience as an HR Manager or HR Business Partner.
- Startup experience working cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Deep knowledge of all areas of HR including but not limited to HR operations, risk management, employee relations, engagement, and employment law.
- Strong knowledge of payroll and benefits regulations.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with clients and employees.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Nice to Have
- Experience with international HR and PEO/EOR services.
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote anywhere in the world;
- Remote-first work culture;
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits;
- Apple laptop.
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
See more open positions at Toku
Something looks off?