Accounts Payable and Payments Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because once the industry passes through this phase, then crypto can access the rest of the world.
We believe it’s going to be the companies that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation industry and the companies that can properly navigate it, or better yet, be the ones that facilitate it - those are the most relevant companies in this next wave. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Mina, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious first real-world use case of any token. It doesn’t matter what the token does. All tokens can be used to compensate workers. And in fact, are! Toku ensures that all the worker compensation that all those tokens need to do can be done legally, and proper taxes paid is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the Role
The A/P Specialist ensures timely payment of invoices, accurate processing of employee payroll, and maintaining records related to accounts payable and payroll activities. The A/P Specialist plays a vital role in maintaining financial stability and fostering positive relationships with vendors and employees.
- Accounts Payable:
- Review, verify, and process invoices, purchase orders, and expense reports for payment.
- Ensure accuracy of coding, documentation, and approvals for all invoices.
- Monitor and reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve any invoice discrepancies or payment-related issues.
- Process employee expense reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date accounts payable files and records.
- Prepare and distribute regular accounts payable reports to management.
- Payroll Processing:
- Administer the entire payroll process, including collecting and reviewing timesheets, verifying attendance, and calculating employee wages.
- Ensure compliance with applicable payroll laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Process payroll accurately and in a timely manner, considering employee benefits, deductions, and taxes.
- Maintain and update employee payroll records, including salary changes, tax withholdings, and direct deposit information.
- Resolve payroll-related discrepancies or issues and respond to employee inquiries.
- Prepare payroll reports for management and accounting purposes.
- Collaborate with HR and other departments to ensure accurate employee data and seamless payroll processes.
- Stay updated on relevant payroll and tax regulations and ensure compliance.
- Prepare and submit periodic payroll tax reports, such as quarterly and annual filings.
- Assist in audits related to accounts payable and payroll activities.
- Generate various financial and analytical reports as required.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency and accuracy in accounts payable and payroll processes.
- Utilize accounting and payroll software systems effectively to process payments, maintain records, and generate reports.
- Collaborate with IT or system vendors to troubleshoot and resolve any software-related issues.
- Identify opportunities for automation and process enhancements to streamline accounts payable and payroll workflows.
Compliance and Reporting:
Systems and Technology:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in accounts payable and payroll processing.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and payroll regulations.
- Proficiency in using accounting and payroll software systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and calculations.
- Knowledge of relevant tax laws and payroll compliance requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with vendors, employees, and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Familiarity with process improvement methodologies is a plus.
- Good command over English language and day to day communication with the external consultants
- Previous work experience in MNCs will add a benefit
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
Benefits & Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Work laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.