International Payroll Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because once the industry passes through this phase, then crypto can access the rest of the world.
We believe it’s going to be the companies that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation industry and the companies that can properly navigate it, or better yet, be the ones that facilitate it - those are the most relevant companies in this next wave. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Mina, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious first real-world use case of any token. It doesn’t matter what the token does. All tokens can be used to compensate workers. And in fact, are! Toku ensures that all the worker compensation that all those tokens need to do can be done legally, and proper taxes paid is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the role
Toku is looking for an International Payroll Manager in EMEA region.
As Toku’s Payroll Manager, you are highly-motivated to help redefine traditional compensation structures globally. you will own the employee payroll cycle and payroll statutory compliance in multiple countries.
- Review and process submission of payroll-related data to service providers
- Process statutory filing requirements and payroll approvals
- Manages existing relationships with payroll service providers
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity and accuracy
- First line of contact for queries from internal employees, external contributors, internal partners, and vendors
- 5+ years of payroll management or an equivalent amount of experience
- Solid functional knowledge of payroll processing and best practices
- Proficient in using software tools like SAP, Excel / Google Sheet
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Capable of working independently whilst using own initiative, as well as a member of the team and in partnership with external vendors
- Strong organisational and time management skills and the ability to work in a remote agile environment whilst remaining flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and fluency in French and English
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
Nice to Have
- Experience preparing and executing a payroll end-to-end in two or multiple countries
- Additional language skills
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.