Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because once the industry passes through this phase, then crypto can access the rest of the world.
We believe it’s going to be the companies that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation industry and the companies that can properly navigate it, or better yet, be the ones that facilitate it - those are the most relevant companies in this next wave. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Mina, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious first real-world use case of any token. It doesn’t matter what the token does. All tokens can be used to compensate workers. And in fact, are! Toku ensures that all the worker compensation that all those tokens need to do can be done legally, and proper taxes paid is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the Role
As an engineering manager, you'll be responsible for leading engineering teams in execution, both technically and culturally.
Toku has ambitious roadmaps, and you will be achieving technical goals, coordinating with the founders, and are expected to be rolling up your sleeve and shipping code every day.
Timezone requirement: EST +/- 7 hours
- Work closely with the sales and product team on decisions and strategy. We expect a collaborative partner who wants to find solutions
- Work alongside the CEO and founders to shape our engineering culture
- Establish best practices ensuring that systems and processes are well documented to ensure the scalability of the engineering team
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering at a venture-backed startup
- 2+ years of experience in engineering management
- Ability to write quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced, agile software engineering environment
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- The ability to stitch together many different services and processes together even if they have not worked with them before
- You know what high-quality code and software engineering processes look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
- North America Time Zone
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.