VP of Sales
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because once the industry passes through this phase, then crypto can access the rest of the world.
We believe it’s going to be the companies that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation industry and the companies that can properly navigate it, or better yet, be the ones that facilitate it - those are the most relevant companies in this next wave. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Mina, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious first real-world use case of any token. It doesn’t matter what the token does. All tokens can be used to compensate workers. And in fact, are! Toku ensures that all the worker compensation that all those tokens need to do can be done legally, and proper taxes paid is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the role
Toku is looking for a VP of Sales, reporting to the founders.
The VP of Sales will be responsible for generating sales for Toku’s products, and will be the first point of contact for potential customers. This person will build off of the founder’s sales playbook and be 100% hands-on.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly motivated, and has experience in client-facing sales.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the desired business outcomes for our customers
- Take ownership of the early stages of the sales process, including outbound prospecting and engaging with potential customers
- Develop and execute a sales strategy to drive revenue growth and meet or exceed sales targets
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about the market, trends, and competitive landscape
- Identify new business opportunities, build key customer relationships, negotiate and close business deals
- Take ownership of the CRM system, and ensure that the system is up to date
- Closely monitor and report on sales performance metrics to the CEO and board.
- 5+ years of sales experience with a proven track record of closing large, enterprise-level deals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with potential customers
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience with sales intelligence and buyer intent platforms
- Experience working with HubSpot CRM software
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to travel as needed to meet with potential customers
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus
- North America Time Zone
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive base salary + OTE
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.