Paralegal - Immigration Specialist
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because it increases adoption.
Organizations that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation environment - the companies compliantly navigate a changing regulatory landscape, or better yet, facilitate it, will be some of the most relevant organizations of the future. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious and early real-world use case of any token, regardless of what else the token can do. All tokens can be used to compensate workers - and in fact, are! Toku ensures that all token compensation is managed legally, and proper taxes are paid. This is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the role
Toku is hiring a remote Paralegal Immigration Specialist in the UK, focused on European immigration support and compliance.
Toku’s Immigration Specialist Paralegal will project manage client immigration matters. You will play a critical role in supporting our immigration practice by assisting attorneys, clients, and employees with various immigration-related tasks. As part of the Legal team at Toku, you’ll contribute to the most innovative programs in global employment and token compensation.
Teammates who thrive at Toku possess a growth mindset, leveraging listening and learning skills to build from scratch and execute quickly. As an early team member of the legal team, you will help shape this role, our processes, and our product! There is a lot of hard work to do; being able to manage startup scaling demands while juggling workload variety is crucial to success.
- Conduct preliminary case assessments and assist in gathering relevant client and employee information.
- Collaborate & coordinate with clients, foreign nationals, and internal teams to obtain necessary documentation.
- Prepare, draft, and review immigration forms, visa applications, and permits, ensuring accuracy and compliance, primarily with UK and European immigration laws.
- Assist in the preparation of various types of visa applications, including Tier 2, Tier 4, and other UK visas, as well as Schengen visa applications for European travel.
- Monitor case status and timelines to ensure timely filing and processing.
- Stay updated on changes to UK immigration laws, regulations, and policies.
- Assist in researching and resolving immigration-related issues and challenges.
- Work on special projects, as assigned.
- Paralegal certification, or a Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Previous experience as an immigration paralegal with a focus on UK and European immigration.
- Strong knowledge of UK and European immigration laws and regulations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to client service.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.